Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A List and Engagement Shoot Ideas

I think it has been said before, but lists are my crack. There is a stack of to-do lists on my desk, dating back from who knows when. I guess I just don't process things (in this case, all the stuff I have to do) until I see them listed in black and white.

With that in mind, let's list it up! I am grateful for...

  • My sweet fiancé who never ceases to amaze me and always makes me smile
  • My mother who likes to text me a lot of crazy emoticons of clapping hands and shocked eyes
  • The Hunger Games premier! It could only be better if I was dressing up and waiting in line to see it at midnight... but alas...
  • A bulletin board full of goofy pictures
  • Notebooks that I can scribble in
  • A father who actually reads my blog
  • Good books (thinking particularly here of Your Voice in My Head, by Emma Forrest which I am about to start listening to on tape, for the second time.)
  • Coffee, multiple times a day
  • Wedding blogs (which I peruse periodically throughout the work day... shhhhh don't tell)
  • My tiny blog, for giving me a fun outlet to gush about all things wedding related

Now, on to engagement shoot planning! We are scheduled to shoot with our photographer the first of April, at Hamilton Pool. I've only seen pictures, but the place looks gorgeous-- natural and wild, with large jutting stone surrounding a pool of water.

{via Kathy Davies Photography}

There's also, apparently, some greenery:
{via Jenny Demarco}

I don't want to give too much away, but I really like the engagement shoots I've seen that aren't too cutesy (see, Nick should really thank me, right?) or styled. Just us doing our thing, looking fabulous (haha).

I love these shots:

Two lovebirds just lounging-- that's us.
{via Kathy Davies Photography}
 Sweet and natural? Oh yes!
{via Green Wedding Shoes}
Picture of the picture!  
{via Grey Likes Weddings}
And here I confess that I adore The Notebook. This shot reminds me of that for some reason. Plus, what would an engagement shoot be without a smoochy picture? 
{via unknown}

No comments:

Post a Comment