Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Just call me Suzi Homemaker

Okay, confession time: my kitchen and I are strangers.

I like to say that college killed any urge to cook and bake with its rigorous schedule and frequent coffee shop study trips. But that is probably a lie considering all the movies I managed to watch and the downtown trips I managed to enjoy. I just stopped cooking and baking, end of story. Luckily Nick likes to feed me, or I might A. wither away or B. get fat and happy off boxed mac and cheese forever and ever amen. 

It is time for a change though, the kind of change that requires a theme song. Please hear Europe's The Final Countdown as you read. The ring on my left hand is urging me to not only obsess over wedding plans but also to nest. I want our apartment to be homey, and I want to have pies sitting on the windowsills, goshdarnit. Is that too much to ask?

So, at the urging of my office-mate (who is also one of my lovely bridesmaids and a fabulous cook!) I am going to try, I said try, to make dinner twice a week. Wish me luck?

 I've already prepped Nick for a feast tonight, and I plan to make this delish-looking dish. I will probably modify it a little, but nothing too crazy since kitchen newbies probably shouldn't start by rewriting recipes, just a thought.

{via Eat Live Run}

Add a salad to appease my mom and two glasses of wine, and that is (hopefully) dinner tonight! Expect a report replete with pictures tomorrow. Yes, this blog is about to make room for food... we'll see how long that lasts...

No comments:

Post a Comment