Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DJ, check!

One of our friends recently asked if we will have a dance floor at the reception. Next to saying our vows in front of our friends and family, that is the most important part, right? I mean, our friends need lots of those awkward dancing pictures taken with their phones to post on Facebook. We owe this to them.

So, since the music and the party are so important to Nick and I, picking a DJ was a little daunting. During my initial search, I read a story from someone's wedding where the DJ not only insulted the bride but played all country music (horrors! mainly the country music...). Apparently, it's pretty bad out there. Thankfully Robyn at the Winfield Inn and Mike Reed both recommended Joel Giorgio at Greenbelt DJ Productions.

Joel responded to my inquiry in 10 minutes and has been as responsive to every other email I have sent him. He gets rave reviews from all the couples who use him, and we were told that he knows how to get people dancing. SCORE!

We also get to pick a lot of the songs he will play, which is awesome, and somehow easier said than done. I have a much better conceptual idea of a good party than I have the actual ingredients to produce it. Thankfully, I have a year and a very musically savvy fiance to help me. 

We are also using Joel for our ceremony music, which was the second thing I started scrawling in my notebook after the wedding madness set in. We aren't traditionalists, and we want the music that we walk down the aisle to to reflect who we are. So, that means there will be a variation of November Rain playing at some crucial point.

Are there any other unique and beautiful songs (with words or preferably without) to consider?

No comments:

Post a Comment