Wednesday, February 22, 2012

THE dress

It's funny-- I found my dress before we even set our date. And somehow the act of finding that one perfect dress made everything else fall into place.

 It is true that two hours after putting Nick's ring on my finger, I was scanning pretty white dresses on wedding websites. It was all so new... and I had no idea what I liked. A few weeks and some intermittent scanning later, I found a picture that stopped me in my tracks.

I went with my parents to try it on one weekend, just for fun, and even 4 sizes too big with massive clips holding the fabric taught, it was perfect. I tried on a string of other dresses, just to make sure my affection for the first dress was the real thing, and no matter how pretty the dress, none of them seemed quite right.

Obviously, no pictures of the dream dress, in the off chance that Nick wanders over here. Other than tradition, I like to keep him guessing. It is fun to thumb through wedding magazines to the dress ads, and pretend that a particularly overdone dress is "my dress." His reaction is priceless. ;-)

The dress has been ordered, and now I wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment