Sunday, February 19, 2012

December 24th, 2011-- Best day of my life

It was December 24th, and in typical childish fashion, I was pestering to open one present before Christmas. I had an agenda behind the pestering this time though. Nick had been hinting about my present for months, slyly giving loaded hints that I was sure didn't mean what I thought they did. And at that point, I was barely able to contain my curiosity. 

Is it what I think it is?-- surely not-- but maybe!-- no, he's in grad school, and has no time to come up with something like that...

So, on Christmas Eve morning, Nick and my parents finally agreed that we would all open one present each.

As I opened the box, that contained a box, that contained a small black velvet jewelry box, Nick glided down to his knee and asked me the question I will never forget.



"Best friend, and lover forever-- will you marry me?"

Nick teases that I hesitated before saying yes, but I can confirm that there was absolutely no hesitation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment